The holidays are almost here! Yippee! This is such a great time of year; it may be cold and snowy outside but you can surround yourself with the warmth of family and friends and celebrate with a festive holiday get-together. With that being said, the holidays are also a very busy time of year. So in order to host a stress-free party we’ve compiled some tips to make your party venture a piece of cake!
A good host is a prepared host. The number one way to have a stress-free party is to be prepared:
- Send invites out in advance: People’s schedules fill up fast so by sending out invites early, you’ll have a better turnout and a solid idea of how many people will be attending.
- Create a meal plan with easy foods. Cook what you know and go shopping sooner rather than later. Or even better, plan a potluck.
It’s all about the atmosphere! What’s the feel you’re going for? A cozy sleigh ride? The casual ugly Christmas sweater vibe? Plan out your decor to give off the atmosphere that you’re looking for:
- Make a holiday playlist in advance with some of your favourite holiday tunes. Youtube and Songza also have a great collaboration of ready-to-use playlists.
- Flowers make great centrepieces, table settings or match well with any wreath or candle arrangement. Or, better yet, try one of our Grinch Trees! Check out how you can make your very own.
Parties are all about having a good time, right?! Here’s how you can ensure that your fellow party-goers will have a blast:
- Alcoholic punch bowls are always a winner. Always.
- Make room for your guests: Arrange your room so that people have room to mingle or interact with any fun activities that you have planned.
- Send your guests home with a gift: a small flower arrangement or trinket is something that everyone can enjoy.
- Buy some take-out boxes and send your guests home with some delicious leftovers.
Last but not least, don’t forget to enjoy yourself and have fun! That’s what the holidays are all about.
Need a bit more help? Check out all of Christmas floral arrangements for some inspiration.