Family, friends, parties and food! Isn’t Christmas just the best? There’s nothing quite like a holiday get together. While most get-togethers are pretty casual there are still some basic do’s and don’ts to follow when a guest at a party.
- Bring a gift: While alcohol is also often people’s go-to choice for gifts, if you’re looking for something a bit more innovative or if the party is alcohol-free, you can also bring a flower or candy arrangement, coffee/tea, or festive decorative/costume items. Try to think of something that the host and their family will actually enjoy or use or won’t have received already.
- Something for the hosts children: Like a toy. It’s a great way to keep the kids entertained and they will love you for it (so will the parents)!
- Start up a game: Bring a card or a board game for everyone at the party to play! It’s a great way to break the ice and it’s a lot of fun.
- Inquire about the attire for the party, so you know if it’s appropriate to rock out your best ugly Christmas sweater.
- Offer to help: Offer to help in the arrangement/prep of the meal, or offer to do some dishes.
- Come empty handed. The host is opening up their home to you; show them some love and appreciation!
- Arrive late. Especially if dinner is planned or you’ll get a cold meal or none at all.
- Under-promise. If it’s a potluck or you’ve agreed to bring something, make sure you bring what you’ve promised to bring as the host may be relying on it.
- Bring uninvited guests. If the host is preparing a meal for everyone they may only have enough for the people that have agreed to be there, and it’s just plain rude to bring someone unless the host has specified a +1 or you’ve asked in advance.
- Stay past your welcome if you realize you’re one of the last people hanging around and the host is starting to look a little impatient or tired, take the social cue, give many thanks and leave.
Looking for the finishing touch to your party or perhaps a great gift for one attending? Flower Chix has what you need! Check out all of our great Christmas flowers and merchandise.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Flower Chix!